Thursday, September 30, 2010

Video Sharing

I read for hours last night. Mostly Will Richardson, but then I followed up some of the "Good Educator's Blogs" that he recommends. So tonight I have been checking out the work of Marco Torres and exploring Teacher Tube. I have been at it for another couple of hours...I'm really inspired by what I am reading and viewing. I love the grass roots feel of video publishing with all it's gritty characteristics and earnest videographers. Digital Students@ Anolog Schools is a sample piece that really gets to the heart of the matter, I think. Why do we do what we do? We do it because we want the students we teach and guide to have the best lives that they can. Preparing students to be productive, creative, compassionate people in a global community is our overarching goal. The students in this video piece are looking out on that big world and are feeling that the education that they are receiving is falling short. Many of the educators that they are working with are "old school" and not aware of the student's particular context as "digital natives". The work place where these students wish to be productive contributors is dynamic. These youth know that they need to be stong communicators and problem solvers and they seek a connectivist educational experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment