Sunday, September 26, 2010

More on Photo Sharing

I wasn't really ready to post that last bit but I was unable to edit my draft. It seemed I could post it or delete it, so I posted. I'll have a look at editing it as a posted comment if there is anything glaring.

As I was saying...I gave up on Picasa for now and took a look at Smilebox (Thank you, Kim!) and had an album on my blog within 20 minutes. I'm not entirely sure why Picasa was such a struggle for me. I think my hardware may be part of the problem. I'm currently working with a refurbished MacBook Pro that has had all my files and programs transferred over to it and I have been noticing a fair amount of glitchy things. I was also completely unfamiliar with photo sharing of any kind. I was able to get Picasa downloaded and it did scan all my photos and I could select photos and put them together into an album. I was even able to make that album available on the Web for public view, but I was unable to then post my Picasa album to my blog satisfactorily. I didn't like how it presented and I couldn't figure out how to solve the problem and I was fed up. Perhaps I was doing things in the wrong order...I tried tutorials and the help functions, but I didn't find what I needed. I called a couple friend who use Picasa and they were both out of town!

In the end I managed to put together a super easy album, for a small fee, which I then posted and sent out in emails to family and friends. I'll return to Picasa another day because I feel it should be easy, but for now I'll take a break.

Have a great week, everyone.

Monica

1 comment: