Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am undertaking this blog in order to fulfill the requirements of EDES 501, also known as Exploring Web 2.0 Tools for Schools and Libraries.  This is my first course toward my Teacher Librarian Masters of Education degree through the University of Alberta.  It will largely consist of my reflections on my experiences of these tools as I learn how to use them.  I am currently at the very beginning stages of setting this blog up and am still navigating my way around in iGoogle and Blogger.  I am also exploring Twitter and Facebook as well, but have yet to make "tweeting" or checking Facebook a part of my daily practice.  I am new to all of these tools and am experiencing a fair amount of frustration at this point.  I'm sure it will all get smoother, soon.  

I chose Blogger as my blogging platform because Will Richardson recommends it in his book, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms, as one of the easiest blogsites to use and one that he feels is a particularly good choice for class blogs because of it's privacy features, and it's free.     

When I'm not moonlighting as a graduate student, I am a full time Kindergarten teacher, wife and mother of two daughters. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica,

    You might want to write another short blog post about the overarching questions that you have as you move forward. You can ask questions specific to your school context or perhaps focus on what this means for your daughters as they live and work in this new world.

    ReplyDelete